Your Privacy is Our Concern
What types of information does Signature Closing Services collect about you and from whom?
We obtain most of our information directly from you on the application or in telephone conversations with you during the application process. Depending on the nature of your transaction, we may need additional information about you or others who may have an interest in your settlement.
We may obtain nonpublic personal information about you from some or all of the following sources:
- Financial Information, such as credit history, banking information and account numbers;
- Public Records, such as a drivers license number, judgments, liens, bankruptcies, divorces, probate, and other civil and criminal court proceedings;
- Consumer Reporting Agencies, such as credit reports;
- Employment Information, such as your occupation and employer; and
- General Information, such as birth date, social security number, phone, fax, email, street, and mailing address.
- Signature Closing Services also requests specific personal information including email address and social security numbers when visitors to our web site request information from us. You are not required to disclose any personal info to us through email. In order to process your request, we do require a fax or hard copy of contract or 1003 forms.
What does Signature Closing Services do with the information collected about you?
We review the information collected about you when evaluating a transaction. We will also maintain this information in our contract records and may use it for purposes related to buying settlement payments and collecting pledged or assigned payments. Signature Closing Services may also use this information to identify opportunities for you to learn more products and services that may be of interest to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Signature Closing Services does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Signature Closing Services under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Signature Closing Services communicate with you about offers from Signature Closing Services and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
Our Former Customers
We treat information about our former customers in the same manner as we treat information about our current customers.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to only those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information against unauthorized access or use. Maintaining the accuracy of your information is a shared responsibility. We maintain the integrity of the information you provide us and will update your records when you notify us of a change. Please contact us at the address or phone number listed below when information concerning you changes.
We maintain standard statistical logs documenting visits to our web site. The statistics may include IP address and Internet domains. Signature Closing Services does not make any attempt to identify individual site visitors. These statistics are used solely for the purpose of monitoring site traffic, analyzing statistical useage trends, and providing site administration. These logs are regularly delete from our servers.
As long as you remain a customer, we will provide you with an annual notice of this policy. We will provide notice of any revised policy to current customers and those consumers whose nonpublic personal information we share as described above. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time